So on Saturday was a big day for me. I had to go to a conference and be a mentor to kiss up to my boss so I don't lose a job for three months! I also had to give a presentation, We had 300-500 people sign up for the conference and only 250 people came. Ya I had to speak in front of all these people that knew more than me, ya it was only for three minutes, but those few minutes felt like forever. It was very intimidating and if you know me I am not someone to speak out into a crowd. I am trying to work on that. They had to vote on who did better on their presentation which I did not win, but my boss said she picked me because it sounded like I did my research and I looked up the whole time to the crowd. I was excited to get that compliment from my boss. I DID IT!PINEWOOD DERBY SATURDAY NIGHT!
So while I was at my big meeting David woke up at about noonish and started on our cars that we were racing at 6 that night. He got them done with the help of my Dad and Neil Castleston! Thanks Dad . We went to the race and my Mom and Dad also came with their cars that my dad worked on for at least a week. Anyways, we raced everyone and my Mom took first and David second overall. If you take just my Mom and Dad, David and Me. My Mom took first and David took second and Me and then my Dad. Daid couldn't stand losing to my Mom so he kept racing her and finally about the Fifteenth time he bet her once and he was happy. Way to go guys! Pictures to come on the cars!
No comments:
Post a Comment